Bangkok; cultural phenomenon, shopping heaven and tourist treasure, one of the most cosmopolitan, contrasting and, above all, compelling of Asian cities. A steamy, pulsating, yet smiling metropolis of more than ten Million, Its high-rise buildings, heavy traffic congestion, intense heat and naughty nightlife may not immediately give you the best impression — but don't let that mislead you. It is one of Asia's most cosmopolitan cities with magnificent temples and palaces, authentic canals, busy markets and a vibrant nightlife that has something for everyone.
Centara Grand Hotel & Convention Center
Phone: +66 (0) 2100 1234
Fax: +66 (0) 2100 1235
Address: 999/99 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Centara Grand Hotel & Convention Center
The official currency in Bangkok Thailand is Baht (THB), Compare your currency to Baht through this currency converter.
According to the World Meteorological Organization, Bangkok is one of the hottest cities in the world. Located just 14 degrees north of the Equator, Bangkok is sunny at any time of the year with temperatures over 30°C (86°F).
The daily average temperature for May is 34 °C.
3/132 Mooban-Klanmuang Urbanian Srinakarin, Soi Srinakarin 46/1, Srinakarin Rd., Nongbon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250
Only 30 minutes by expressway from Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Access to Bangkok Convention Center at Central World is easily available by car, coach and with sky-bridge connections to Bangkok Transit System (BTS Sky Train) which links to MRTS Sub Way.
Rajdamri Road and Rama 1 Road provide convenient access to other area in the city center and the inbound and outbound expressway.
Transportation to/from convention center (and hotel)
1. Suvaranabhumi International Airport
|25||30||Car via expressway|
|2. Chidlom BTS Station||1||10||Walking via sky-bridge|
|3. Siam BTS Station||1.5||15||Walking via sky-bridge|
|4. Airport City Rail Station||2||10||Car|
Walking Direction from BTS Sky Train to the Convention Centre
Route 1 - From 10:00 to 22:00 hrs.
- From BTS Siam Station, walk straight on skywalk and take the first sky ink entrance to CentralWorld Complex
- From BTS Chidlom Station, walk straight on skywalk to the second sky link entrance to CentralWorld Complex (do not take entrance to zen)
- After entering the complex, walk forward and take the first escalator down to level 1
- Walk straight to transparent elevators (green and red evelators) at Central Court
- Turn left to enter Dazzle Zone (please notice Mark & Spencer Shop)
- Take the first entrance on the right to enter BCC Ground Floor Lobby
Route 2 - 10:00 and after 22:00 hrs.
- From BTS Siam Station, walk straight on the skywalk and take the first sky link entrance to CentralWorld Complex
- From BTS Chidlom Station, walk straight on the skywalk to the second sky link entrance to CentralWorld Complex (do not take entrance to zen)
- After entering to the complex, turn left to take escalator up to CentralWorld Office Tower reception area
- At the reception area, take escalator down to ground floor
- Exit the buidling by the main entrance next to the glass elevators
- Turn right and walk along to the road about 300 meters
- BCC lobby at ground floor ison the right hand side
BTS, Fares and Sky Train Passes
The BTS is undoubtedly the swiftest way to get around, and can whisk you right where you want to be in no time at all. It's a cheap, smooth, cool, clean, fast and scenic way to enjoy Bangkok. Major shopping malls, Chatuchak Weekend Market, all Sukhumvit Road's attractions, and even the riverside are accessible by Skytrain.
While the Silom line runs west to south, the Sukhumvit line runs north to east (see the BTS route guide). Note that Service runs between 06:30 and midnight, and the trains can be packed during peak hours (07:00 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 19:00).
Unlimited travel within the duration of a single day for 120 baht. Ideal for tourists.
Standard Rabbit Card / Stored Value Cards
These are available for 100 baht plus 50 baht refundable deposit. The Standard Rabbit Cards are valid for 5 years and can be filled with a minimum of 100 baht and up to 4,000 baht.
30-Day Pass for Adults
- For 15 trips (use within 30 days), 25 baht per trip unlimited distance, 375 baht.
- For 25 trips (use within 30 days), 23 baht per trip unlimited distance, 575 baht.
- For 40 trips (use within 30 days), 21 baht per trip unlimited distance, 840 baht.
- For 50 trips (use within 30 days), 20 baht per trip unlimited distance, 1,000 baht.
The offical Congress languaue will be English.
Liability and Insurance
The organizer accepts no liability for any personal injury, loss or damage of property belonging or additional expenses incurred to congress participants and/or accompanying persons either during the congress or as result of delays, strikes or any other circumstances. Participants are requested to make their own arrangements with respect to health and travel insurance.
Smoking is NOT allowed in the Convention Centre.
Guest attendance policy
All event activities (including educational sessions, meal functions, exhibit hall, etc.) are exclusively reserved for registered attendees. Non-registered guests (including children, family members, colleagues, etc.) are not allowed in any of the event areas. Badges provided at registration are required for entrance into all functions and will be strictly enforced.